The panel cooler series are compact and can be installed in minutes through a standard electrical knockout. There are virtually no moving parts.
* US patent number 8,616,010 / Other countries: Patented or Patent Pending
Note: Always question non-approved units used on electrical enclosures to ensure that your panels are not damaged by inferior products.
Features / Advantages
- Low cost
- No CFCs
- Fast installation
- Stabilize enclosure temperature and humidity
- Virtually maintenance free (No Moving Parts)
- Mounts in a standard electrical knockout
- Stops heat damage and nuisance tripping
- Eliminates fans and filters
- Prevents dirt contamination by keeping enclosure at positive pressure
- Units applicable to all environments including high temperature to 200ºF
How The Silent X-Stream™ Panel Cooler Works
The regular Frigid-X™ Panel Coolers are under 78 dBA for noise level but in some instances it is not enough and a quieter version is necessary. This is where the Silent X-Stream™ Panel Cooler can be utilized. It can reduce noise levels to 65 dBA It works the same way as a regular Panel Cooler where compressed air enters at point (A) into the vortex tube component of the panel cooler. The vortex tube creates two streams of compressed air – a hot stream at (B) and a cold stream at (C). The hot air stream from the vortex tube is vented outside the system at (D) after internal muffling. An additional Hot End muffler (I) reduces the noise further and also acts a protection cover over the hot end should anyone try to grab the unit. Hot air from inside the control panel is vented at point (E) to the outside. Cold air goes into the control panel at (F) into an additional cold end muffler (J) and then into the cold distribution hose (G). Holes (H) are punched into the hose kit to distribute the cold air inside the panel. A muffler (I) further reduces the noise level of the exhausting at the end of the hose.
As with the standard Panel Cooler there is the optional Thermostats and Solenoid Valve System and Electronic Thermostats System for on-off control and Bypass system if constant purge is required inside (to keep out a dirty environment).
All units 303/304 stainless steel for corrosive environments and long life. Utilizing a hot and cold end muffling kit the unit is made extra quiet to under 64 dBA depending on capacity. The hot end muffler also acts a “heat guard” – you can wrap your hand around it without feeling much heat.
Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 12 (IP56) Quiet Panel Coolers
- Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 12 (IP56) Quiet Panel Coolers for standard cabinet enclosures and panels.
Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 3R (IP24) Quiet Panel Coolers
- Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 3R (IP24) Quiet Panel Coolers for cabinet enclosures and panels in outdoor use.
Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 4-4x (IP66) Quiet Panel Coolers
- Silent X-Stream™ NEMA 4-4x (IP66) Quiet Panel Coolers for cabinet enclosures and panels in wash down applications.